Dr. Stewart is a well-known, highly respected physician, who has been a cornerstone in Medical Associates and the Scugog community for more than thirty years. Having served in a number of important capacities in the community as well as in his professional life, Dr. Stewart has great depth of experience in clinical practice, academia, community research, administration and peer assessment (see partial CV below)
In his clinical practice, Dr. Stewart has used hypnosis as a tool for assisting patients who are dealing with a variety of conditions such as stress, insomnia and smoking cessation.
His interest in the benefits of hypnosis and the mind/body connection have drawn him to participate in the Find Peace of Mind programme, where he will lead some of the guided meditations and teach about the benefits of meditation.
- University of WesternOntario 1966 to 1972. Two years Honours Biology, Faculty of Medicine, MD
- House Physician, Department of Neurosurgery, WaltonHospital, Liverpool, England. June – August 1971.
- Rotating Internship, St. Joseph’s Hospital, London, Ontario. 1972- 1973.
- Medical Associates of Port Perry. General Practice. 1975 – present.
- CommunityMemorialHospital (Lakeridge Health Port Perry since 1998). Active staff.
- Community Nursing Home, Port Perry. Attending Physician. 1975 – 2011.
- Emergency Associates of Kitchener-Waterloo. 1973 – 1975.
Professional Positions Held
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Peer Assessor. 2009 – 2012. Peer Assessor Physician Lead.
- Medical Director, Community Nursing Home. 1985 – 2007.
- Lecturer, Rural Residency Program, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto. 1999 – present.
- Director, Board of Directors, Community Memorial Hospital Foundation. 1999 – present. Foundation President 2012 – 2014.
- Clinical Preceptor, Rural Residency Program, Department of Family Medicine, Queen’s University 2006- present
- Member, Professional Development Committee, Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto. 2004 – 2006.
- Deputy Chief of Staff, Lakeridge Health, Port Perry. 2004 – 2006
- Director Rural Health Services Program, LakeridgeHealthPort Perry. 2004 – 2006.
- Clinical Preceptor, Nurse Practitioner Program. Queen’s University. 1998 – 1999.
- Chief of Staff, CommunityMemorialHospital. 1978 – 1980.
- President, Health Science Council, University of Ontario. 1971- 1972.
- Treasurer, Hippocratic Society, University of WesternOntario. 1969 – 1972.